Chicken Salad with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
Cool chicken salad with cucumber-yogurt sauce
2 SmartPoints® Per serving
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3/4 cup finely diced English (seedless) cucumber
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 (6-inch) pita breads, toasted and cut into wedges
Get more recipes
- Combine chicken, vinegar, garlic, oregano, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in large bowl; stir until mixed well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make yogurt sauce, stir together yogurt, cucumber, 2 tablespoons mint, dill, cumin, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate and let cool slightly.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken, tomato, onion, and yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons mint. Serve with pita wedges.