Pineapple Foster with Yogurt
Dessert, pineapple foster with yogurt
This delicious dessert comes together even quicker if you buy precut pineapple.
Serves 2 - Vegetarian, Gluten Free
5 SmartPoints® Per serving
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 4 teaspoons dark rum
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts
- Melt butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pineapple and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes Add rum, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is syrupy, about 2 minutes.
- Dived yogurt evenly between 2 dishes and spoon pineapple mixture evenly over each serving. Sprinkle evenly with walnuts. Serve at once.
These make a quick and delicious lunch served with a cup of soup or a green salad. They are also terrific served with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce instead of marinara sauce.